General Restaurant Segment Overview
The Restaurant Industry is categorized based on the level and kind of services customers receive.
Understanding your market will help you decide what service style to adopt. It is equally needful to start a business you are genuinely interested in and have strong passion for, as a business not driven by passion becomes a burden in the long run.
Below is a summary on the major segments of the restaurant industry in Nigeria:
- FULL SERVICE / FINE DINING
- CASUAL DINING
- FAST CASUAL
- FAST FOOD
3) What is Fast Food Restaurants?
A Fast food restaurant focuses on convenience and speed of service. Fast food restaurants generally offer services to a diverse group of customers. They target a wider demographics of the market that is sensitive to price and their main focus is convenience. In a market like Nigeria, menu variety is an attraction to this kind of service.
Some Characteristics of Fast Food restaurants
- Food is cooked in volume in advance and kept hot or portioned into packages ready for serving.
- Customers place their orders, and then carry their own food from the counter to a table of their choice.
- Operations range from small-scale street vendors with food carts to bigger corporations like Dominos Pizza and KFC etc.
- Fast food emphasizes quick and convenient service.