In the process of saving the world and building a great company, my manager quit, I may have triggered it, it may have been stars aligned. The discomfort ensued, it created growth opportunities for me. I went thru the basic emotions of betrayal and anger but in the end it turned out to be a blessing.
Growth always comes from discomfort and there are always lessons waiting to be learned
listen to the podcast
- Always keep your eye on the ball as a business owner
- Have direct access to your staff and have them give you feedback on the rumblings in the front line
- Have your management team give you weekly reports and when they are slacking , give them written warnings , you must always hold them accountable always
- Minimize verbal communications – cuz it can easily be forgotten – document everything
- Make sure Standard Of Operations documents are followed to the T
- Employees must be trained regularly
- Hard work isn’t the same as Smart work . Smart work is always better
- Ensure employees all have a good work life balance ( shifts and rest days)
- Bring in a consultant to check your operations , it will expose a lot you may have overlooked
- Always recruit for all positions including top management – the feedback from the interview process can give you insights you can adopt even if you are not hiring
- Shit will happen
- Be always ready to rebuild
- Pay your staff more than market rate, at the same time hold them to a higher standards, the ones who do not fit should be trained or let go off
There are more nuggets in the podcast and i am sure i will share more as things move along.
Sorry! The Author has not filled his profile.